[SciPy-user] Scipy + Vision = LabView ?

Stef Mientki s.mientki at ru.nl
Tue Nov 6 03:26:37 EST 2007

>> So we have Vision, that is indeed impressive, but really built around
>> custom tools. It would be a large amount of work to abstract out the
>> visual programming part of the rest, but it is probably possible.
>>

> Yes I took a quick look, and doesn't seems easy to extract the Vision
> part form the total package.

I asked a question about this in the Vision discussion list,
and according to the answer (given below) it shouldn't be too difficult:.
I tried this solution, but couldn't get it working,
because there seems something wrong with my tcl-package,
and now I remember, I have seen that before ;-)

cheers,
Stef

Vision can be easily extracted from the MGLTools package but it requires some additional packages.
MGLTools packages list critical and non-critical dependencies at the end of their __init__.py file.

Critical dependencies are the packages that are required for Vision to work at all.

Non critical dependencies will not prevent the package from working however, some functionality will
be missing.

The latest release of MGLTools (1.4.6) runs with python 2.4

It needs some 3rd party packages: Pmw, Numeric (23.8 or 24.2)

Inside MGLTools, the critical dependencies for Vision are:
Vision, NetworkEditor, mglutil, Support

an easy solution is to move thees 4 packages inside
/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/

then you can launch python
import Vision
Vision.runVision()

guillaume vareille

Het UMC St Radboud staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.