[SciPy-user] f2py on x86_64 arch and intel C compiler...

Pearu Peterson pearu at cens.ioc.ee
Thu May 24 05:05:34 EDT 2007

fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As I use on my x86_64 arch linux box, I have to use -fPIC arg to the
> intel C compiler.

This should be fixed in numpy/distutils/fcompiler/intel.py file.

> Anyway, I don't see any option to pass to f2py to set this.

This is because usually distutils should take care of this.

> How can I do that ?
>
> PS1: for intel fortran compiler on x86_64, you have to use
> --fcompiler=intelem
> but intelem is not a known parameter for  --compiler option. What's the
> problem ?

--compiler is for specifying C compiler, use --fcompiler instead.
--help-fcompiler shows which fortran compilers are found in the system.

> PS2: should I post my issue  on f2py-users ml to have better chance to
> get an answer ?
> (no answer for my previous post on intel.py)

scipy-user list is ok. I don't have intel compiler in my system and
therefore I cannot test the problems you experience.
If you think that you have found a bug or it is an issue that needs
to be fixed in numpy, please file a ticket. Sooner or later someone
will try to resolve your tickets.

Pearu