[SciPy-user] Finding determinant

Ali Santacruz amsd2013 at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 00:03:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to find a determinant but  I am having some problems,

When I try:

>>> import scipy as sc
>>> from scipy import linalg
>>> matr = sc.array([[1.1,1.9],[1.9,3.5]])
>>> matr
array([[ 1.1,  1.9],
       [ 1.9,  3.5]])
>>> matr2 = linalg.det(matr)

Python program is closed with the message: "PYTHON~1.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. ..."

I have installed scipy-0.5.2.win32-py2.5 for Python 2.5 (although I also tried scipy 0.5.2 for Python 2.4 obtaining the same error), under Windows XP SP1,

Is there any other way to find the determinant of a square matrix? any function in other package?

Any help is appreciated,

Ali S.

Correo Yahoo!