[SciPy-user] Getting started wiki page

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat May 12 14:12:21 EDT 2007

On 5/12/07, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would very much link the Getting Started wiki page (
> http://scipy.org/Getting_Started ) to the front page. But I am not sure
> it is of good enough quality so far. Could people please have a look and
> make comments, or edit the page.

Great work!  Thanks a lot for putting time into this, which is
extremely useful to newcomers.

One minor nit: I think it would be better to more prominently mention
the -pylab switch right at the begginning of your FFT example.  The
reason is that without it, plotting is really nearly unusable, so
rather than

1. show really doesn't-works-well approach

2. show solution later

I think it would be best to start with the -pylab approach from the
start.  You can mention that -pylab is only needed if you want
plotting and requires matplotlib.

Just my 1e-2,