[SciPy-user] Scipy / matplotlib to replace matlab and indexes

Giorgio Luciano giorgio.luciano at chimica.unige.it
Mon May 7 08:43:37 EDT 2007

Thanks to Steph for the answer here reported.
I belong to the Don Chisciotte group of people that is trying to teach
people to use numpy/scipy and I'm switching from matlab. (my main field
is chemometrics). As already reported there are lot of question to
answer to people that generally use windows and want a one file
installation or need an enviroment for working more "matlabish" (there
are some in alpha dev and they promise good).
I hope to keep in touch with other learner and if people want we can
create a small Don Chisciotte group for teachin numpy/scipy (well very
monty python like... since terry gilliam struggle a lot of years trying
to finish the film ;)
 and about Phan,
Steph IMHO was really polite, just wrote that sometime Enthough doesn't
work well for him..it's just a comment nothing more.. He found a way for
solving his problem and shared the solution.. We all know that
Enthough's guys are great ;)