[SciPy-user] loking for lookfor

Laurent Perrinet Laurent.Perrinet at incm.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri May 4 12:26:59 EDT 2007

Dear list,

hope this is not off-topic. I'm sometimes lost in the richness of
scipy possibilities and I am looking for a function that could search
in the docstrings for particular keywords... (i'm sure that as many
other users, we're googling that). there is an equivalent in matlab
called lookfor which searches in the whole path all functions
containing the given keyword.

does a similar function exist for scipy? and more generally (i)python?

like a magic:
%lookfor convol*

would return all functions etc... containing "convol" in  its docstring

thanks,
Laurent

ps: only reference I found was a missing entry in a matlab/pylab
comparison:
http://37mm.no/mpy/matlab-numpy.html

Laurent Perrinet