[SciPy-user] Distributed Array Library?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu May 3 19:01:54 EDT 2007

Hi all,

On 4/27/07, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3.  Global arrays
>
> Robert Harrison at ORNL has python bindings to this.  They probably
> need updating, and I am not sure if/where they can be downloaded.
> This could be very nice.  It also might make sense to do a simple
> ctypes wrapper for the global array library.  I would be interested in
> this.

Well, here it is, straight from the horse's mouths.  Many thanks to
Manoj et al for the info/code.

I personally, while interested, am way too swamped already to handle
this particular topic.  But it would be a great project for someone to
inherit and collaobrate with the PNL team on, providing as good
integration with numpy as feasible.

As Brian mentioned, if the facilities of IPython can contribute to the
communications parts with the distributed backend, we'll be happy to
participate, obviously.

Cheers,