[SciPy-user] how can I get fsolve() work?!

Steve Schmerler elcorto at gmx.net
Fri Mar 30 12:11:34 EDT 2007

Ri Hai wrote:
> Hello Steve,
>
> you are right, the test didn't finish and I didn't see any text that you added.

With the test, does it show the same error message box as it does if you
run your fsolve() example? If so, can you click on "details" (I think
upper right corner of the box) and see if it's related to some kind of
*.pyd file?

> Now I am reading the information about installation in Scipy homepage. Maybe I have done something wrong. If you have any idea, please let me know. Thank you!

On Win, it's usually just installing Python (python-2.5.msi or
something), numpy  (numpy-1.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe) and scipy
(scipy-0.5.2.win32-py2.5.exe). If you plan to build things from source,
that's another story (haven't done that on Win).

Anyway, if it is the same problem that I had (loading a *.pyd lib) I
suspect that it's not a scipy-specific issue but rather a Windows
problem (but I'm not an expert here...). If you have access to another
Win box, I suggest that you try running you example there before doing
anything else.

--
cheers,
steve