[SciPy-user] Arrayfns in numpy?

Matthieu Brucher matthieu.brucher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 11:03:51 EST 2007

> Again, I am not taking sides on the issue, so I
> am in no way suggesting that such points are
> decisive.  However opposition that fails to
> address such points is hardly decisive either.

I read the end of the discussion and I see your point ;)

My point of reference would be: if it is likely
> to drain even modest developer effort away from
> core NumPy issues, then it is harmful. Otherwise
> it is harmless as long as it introduces no new
> dependencies.

I think that separating interpolation in two parts can be harmful, but as it
is needed for a backward compatiblity reason, it can be understood.
The problem could be that people will want to have more complex
interpolation in NumPy as the simple one exist, and then this question will
be raised again :(
Not quite sure there is an answer that will satisfy everybody - in fact I'm
sure of the opposite :) -

Matthieu