[SciPy-user] Arrayfns in numpy?

Souheil Inati souheil.inati at nyu.edu
Tue Mar 6 14:15:15 EST 2007

-100

I am strongly opposed to mixing computations into NumPY.  Why is 1-d
interpolation good to have inside of NumPy? why not nd-interpolation?
why not fft? or SVD? or some linear algebra thing?

Python is good because of it lets you have a lot of granularity.

NumPy should stick to what it's good at.  And it should be very good
at a small number of things, namely it should be a library for
efficient storage and access to data that is well represented by N-
dimensional arrays.

Souheil Inati, PhD
Assistant Professor
Center for Neural Science