[SciPy-user] Problems installing scipy in SuSE 10.2

rex rex at nosyntax.net
Tue Jun 12 16:58:37 EDT 2007

Karl Edler <kte608 at mail.usask.ca> [2007-06-11 10:58]:

> ...and installed all the rpms in
> http://software.opensuse.org/download/home:/ashigabou/openSUSE_10.2/
> but then I could not install python-scipy because Ashigabou has no
> python-scipy package and the python-scipy package in
> http://repos.opensuse.org/science/   does not like the refblas found in
> the Ashigabou repository. Apart from compiling my own blas, lapack, and
> scipy I am at a loss as to what to do.

Hello Karl,

Since none of the experts have responded, I will. I suggest compiling
blas, lapack, numpy and scipy. Have a look at:

http://pong.tamu.edu/tiki/tiki-view_blog_post.php?blogId=6&postId=97

There are a couple of minor errors. Feel free to email me if you have
problems. I recently went through the process of building on SUSE 10.2
using Intel's compilers and MKL instead of gcc, blas, and lapack.

-rex