[SciPy-user] odeint with digital data

Rob Clewley rhc28 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 4 11:50:56 EDT 2007

Hi Ryan,

To my knowledge you cannot do this with odeint unless you change a
constant value on the RHS (i.e. technically change your system) to
reflect the changing input value after every time-step, but it is very
easy to do in PyDSTool. There you can also force integration to be
only at the discrete mesh points of your input signal (and would
linearly interpolate in-between otherwise). I am certainly happy to
help you set up your script to do this if you wish to try it in
PyDSTool.

HTH!
Rob