[SciPy-user] Numpy/Scipy on AIX

Marek Wojciechowski mwojc at p.lodz.pl
Sat Jul 28 10:41:03 EDT 2007

> > I'm using svn version of scipy. As far as i observed scipy 0.5.2 is not
> > compatibile with numpy-svn. Below i'm pasting what setup.py produces. I
> > seems things are compiled and there is only linking problem with lapack.
> > Thanks for help.
> >
> Where are your blas and lapack coming from ? Did you compile them by
> yourself ? How ? (compiler, version, etc...)

I'm using IBM(R) XL Fortran Enterprise Edition V9.1 and IBM(R) XL C
Enterprise Edition V7.0. Maybe there is some incompatibility between
compilers for Fortran and C? That's what is installed on the machine i'm
working on. I have to compile lapack by myself (actually scipy installer
can do that), this is lapack-lite-3.1.1 downloaded from the web, and blas
is the one shipped with XL Fortran. Are there some obvious
incompatibilities?

Thanks
Marek