[SciPy-user] pynetcdf crashing on Python 2.5

Ryan May rmay at ou.edu
Wed Jul 18 14:14:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've been using Travis's pynetcdf package (0.7) for doing NetCDF IO for
a lot of my code.  I recently updated my Gentoo install to use Python
2.5, and now previously working code crashes (segmentation fault, no
python exception) when I try to access an array of data.  A GDB
backtrace puts the error inside _netcdf.so. I haven't recompiled with
debugging symbols to try to track this down any further.

Has anyone else had any problems with pynetcdf and python 2.5?

I'm aware of the other options (scipy.sandbox.netcdf,
Scientific.IO.NetCDF, and pycdf).  Is there an accepted package for
NetCDF in python?

Thanks,

Ryan

--