[SciPy-user] Numerical Recipes robust fit implementation

dmitrey openopt at ukr.net
Mon Jul 16 07:41:06 EDT 2007

my 2 cents:
openopt ralg solver works good to (currently unconstrained only)
problems like F(x) = sum(abs(f[i](x))) (or other non-smooth funcs;
convexity is highly preferable)
and it can use F(x) 1st derive if provided by user

however, ralg is intended for medium-scale problems only (nVars up to
1000), and it is missing patterns yet, I guess it could be nice for your
problem

HTH, D.