[SciPy-user] What it the best way to install on a Mac?

Lev Givon lev at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 31 17:38:00 EST 2007

Received from Fernando Perez on Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:47:22PM EST:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm not a Mac person, but just yesterday Brian Granger and Sanjiv Das
> put together a nice step-by-step installation  guide for the
> ipython/numpy/scipy triad on a Mac.  Here are temporary links to it in
> PowerPoint and PDF formats:
>
>   http://scumis.scu.edu/~srdas/temp/iPython_installation.ppt
>   http://scumis.scu.edu/~srdas/temp/iPython_installation.pdf
>
> This will  probably be cleaned up and updated a bit, and we can put it
> up in the wiki so it can be more easily edited and maintained in the
> future.
>
> Cheers,

It might be desirable to encourage a matplotlib person to add some
information regarding the installation of that package, as I suspect
that many folks in need of installation wisdom think in terms of the
tetrad ipython/numpy/scipy/matplotlib.

						L.G.