[SciPy-user] [Nipy-devel] how to wrap C++

Stefan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Sat Jan 27 18:37:40 EST 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 05:21:27PM -0600, Robert Kern wrote:
> Stefan van der Walt wrote:
>
> > Why do you specifically have to build a non-Python .so?  Ctypes
> > doesn't seem to mind.
>
> Not on your platform, perhaps. Windows does have a problem building a
> non-extension as an extension.

I should ask Albert what he did with scipy.sandbox.svm.  I see he
plays it safe with *3* different methods of building:

svm/setup.py
svm/libsvm-2.82/Makefile.win
svm/libsvm-2.82/SConstruct

Looking at things from the other side, he also pointed me to this url
the other day, showing how to do build Python extensions in scons

http://www.scons.org/wiki/PythonExtensions

Something to keep in mind.

Cheers
Stéfan