[SciPy-user] lowess in scipy?

Pierre GM pgmdevlist at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 19:12:56 EST 2007

On Monday 22 January 2007 12:50, Tom Denniston wrote:
>  Or does anyone have any other
> suggestions for the best python lowess implementation?

The easiest by far turned out to find the Fortran sources for lowess and/or
stl from netlib (the links are also available here:
http://stat.bell-labs.com/wsc/smoothsoft.html
), and write a f2py wrapper.

If you're interested, I have a slightly modified version of lowess.f and stl.f
(just merging the two), and the corresponding .pyf to process it.
I'm not sure about the actual license status. If it's BSD, we could think
about putting the fortran sources in scipy. I never really try to find an
answer to that.