[SciPy-user] scipy data mining ?

Karl Young Karl.Young at ucsf.edu
Mon Jan 22 17:16:56 EST 2007

I'm currently using a nice Java based data mining package called Weka
(essentially as a black box as I don't have time to learn Java)  but was
looking for something more python/scipy friendly to switch to as I'd
prefer more interactive use. I found a python package on the web that
potentially looks pretty nice (Orange - http://www.ailab.si/orange) but
given that it uses GPL (and also given the recent discussion on license
issues) and doesn't look to have made any effort to be numpy/scipy
friendly I was wondering if anyone was aware of a more scipy friendly
effort. Should someone (maybe even me...) be talked into contacting the
Orange developers and seeing if they'd be interested in a switch to BSD
and a gradual evolution towards integration with numpy... ?

--

Karl Young
Center for Imaging of Neurodegenerative Diseases, UCSF