[SciPy-user] Problems with filter design

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 00:52:55 EST 2007

Kumar Appaiah wrote:

> Which leads me to think; haven't people been using these functions?
> They seem to have quite a few unpolished stuff.

Yes, but they've also been through the Numeric->numpy automatic translation and
haven't seen much active development since that time. There is quite a lot of
code that needs a thorough review. Thank you for doing your part!

> Another example is the docstring for signal.ellipord. If you notice,
> at the bottom, it says "Chebyshev" instead of "Elliptic"; obviously,
> it has been overlooked while doing a copy paste!
>
> Anyway, when I find a fault like this, I still feel I should post it
> on the list to ensure others are facing the same problems, rather than
> call for a bug filing straightaway. Is this OK?

For things like this, I'd prefer the bug report. Others are almost certainly
facing the same problems. Platform-specific and build-related issues are different.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco