[SciPy-user] SciPy Data Analysis Workbench

Christian Kristukat ckkart at hoc.net
Wed Jan 17 18:08:50 EST 2007

Robert VERGNES wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I started to write my own Data Anlysis Workbench based on Scipy and wxpython. (I haven't seen one around?)

Do you know peak-o-mat (http://lorentz.sf.net)? It is a data analysis/peak
fitting tool based on scipy and wxpython mainly designed to analyse data from
optical spectroscopy experiments. The data can be manipulated using numpy
expressions, a shell window is currently not implemented but it could be added
easily and this is in fact a nice idea, I think.
peak-o-mat talks to xmgrace to produce publication quality output but I would
like to add a matplotlib backend, too.
I am about to refactor the code so that hopefully other people than me will be
able to read and expand it. There's not much documentation available but the
latest version is fully functional. Feel free to ask if you need more
instructions on how to use it.
Christian