[SciPy-user] Any Books on SciPy?

Rob Hetland hetland at tamu.edu
Wed Feb 28 11:49:50 EST 2007

I would help write part of a book.  I'm sure others would, too.  But
none of us have the time to write a whole book ourselves.

Who could coordinate such an effort?

What format would be used (LaTeX, etc.)?

How would consistency be maintained across sections?

I think these are not insurmountable obstacles, and a free, printable
PDF howto manual (as opposed to a reference book like the NumPy book)
in the spirit of the Lerning ... O'Reilly books is very, very
important.  The tutorials on the wiki are a good place to start, but
in the end, people want a book.  I know I prefer books to online
documentation when I am really diving into something.

-Rob

----
Rob Hetland, Associate Professor
Dept. of Oceanography, Texas A&M University
http://pong.tamu.edu/~rob
phone: 979-458-0096, fax: 979-845-6331