[SciPy-user] scipy.optimize.leastsq error estimates

Chiara Caronna chiaracaronna at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 14 07:54:30 EST 2007

>If you use 0.5.2
>
>look into the directory scipy/Lib/sandbox
>and create a file called enabled_packages.txt which should contain
>
>odr
>
>in the first line (a new line for each package)

I did what you said, but when reinstalling scipy I got this error:

  File "Lib/sandbox/setup.py", line 22, in configuration
    config.add_subpackage(p)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py", line
765, in add_subpackage
    caller_level = 2)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py", line
741, in get_subpackage
    caller_level = caller_level+1)
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py", line
541, in __init__
    raise ValueError("%r is not a directory" % (package_path,))
ValueError: 'Lib/sandbox/odr' is not a directory