[SciPy-user] Hints for easy install of scipy on RHEL 4?

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Wed Feb 7 14:27:35 EST 2007

We installed scipy on RHEL 4 using the "built in" blas/lapack. Much of
it works but some components that we need fail, apparently because
RedHat's blas/lapack is incomplete.

So...can anyone point me to an existing RPM of a complete blas/lapack
(or a complete Atlas) that we can just use? Google showed lots of RPMs
but they didn't appear to be for RedHat Enterprise Linux and I'm not
unix-savvy enough to know what alternatives we can get away with.

-- Russell