[SciPy-user] Release 0.6.1 of pyaudio, renamed pyaudiolab

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Feb 1 22:50:42 EST 2007

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2007, David Cournapeau apparently wrote:
>> With pyaudiolab, you should be able to read and write most
>> common audio files from and to numpy arrays. The
>> underlying IO operations are done using libsndfile from
>> Erik Castro Lopo (http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/)
>
> I think it is worth mentioning (on this list) that
> pyaudiolab uses the SciPy license and libsndfile is LGPL.
Indeed, I forgot to mention this fact in the announcement. It is
mentioned somewhere in the source, but it should be done better. It is
the only reason that pyaudiolab is not part of scipy.

Your post made me realize that I actually didn't look at how applying
the license correctly, which is not good at all (that's the first
project I started from scratch). I will change that.

David