[SciPy-user] Rutherford Boeing format

Dominique Orban dominique.orban at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 10:03:58 EST 2007

On 12/13/07, Nils Wagner <nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if someone has written a function to
> import matrices given in the Rutherford Boeing format.

A while ago I wrote a function to import Harwell-Boeing format. RB is
quite similar so I expect few changed will do the trick. My function
relies on Konrad Hinsen's FortranFormat module, which I also attach
below. I haven't looked at this lately, so I hope it works for you. If
this is useful, I have no problem including it in SciPy.

In the test function, the sparsetools module is part of NLPy and plots
a sparsity pattern. If you don't use NLPy, just replace that with any
other plot you like :)

Dominique