[SciPy-user] Bug in scipy.stats.rv_discrete is on line 3218

Michael Nandris mnandris at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 21 10:00:45 EDT 2007

Stefan,

I have traced the bug to line 3218 of distributions.py

The problem is with the operation of argmax in the _drv_ppf handler.

It can be solved by pulling the correct state out of self.Finv (using a probability, as generated by mtrand.random_sample), in an order -preserving manner.

As soon as tracs starts working i'll post some more demo testcode

cheers

Michael

Stefan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za> wrote: Hi Michael

Thanks for the report.  This should be fixed in SVN revision 3246.

Cheers
Stéfan