[SciPy-user] How to make NumPy-1.0.3 work with SciPy-0.5.2 ?

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Aug 10 02:49:45 EDT 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:
> R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
>
>> Zenwalk-4.6.1 is a derivative of Slackware. This has the following:
>>
>> gcc-4.1.2, gcc-gfortran-4.1.2, lapack-3.1.1 which also contains BLAS,
>> suitesparse-3.0.0. I have also created a link /usr/include/umfpack to
>> /usr/include/suitesparse so that SciPy and NumPy can locate UMFPACK
>> header files. I applied all the patches you have applied in your
>> package. But SciPy build stopped in the middle.
>>

> Well, without more details, I cannot help you :) Could you make the
> build log available somewhere ? (both numpy and scipy if possible).
>
>> Does the version of LAPACK and SuiteSparse matter?
>>

> Yes, but you have the good one for LAPACK. I don't know what SuiteSparse
> is, but I guess this is Ok. This all depends on the error you got,

See the homepage of Tim Davis for details -->
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~davis/
"The SuiteSparse <http://www.cise.ufl.edu/research/sparse/SuiteSparse>
is a new name for my meta-package, containing all the sparse matrix
codes I've authored or co-authored. Most of this meta-package appears as
built-in functions in MATLAB (CHOLMOD, UMFPACK, and soon CSparse),
Mathematica (UMFPACK), and commercial circuit simulation tools (KLU, BTF)."

Cheers,

                       Nils