[SciPy-user] Error in SciPy install on Zenwalk-4.6.1 system.

R S Ananda Murthy rsamurti at airtelbroadband.in
Wed Aug 1 00:08:46 EDT 2007

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to make package of SciPy on Zenwalk-4.6.1. I have already
> installed numpy, lapack, fftw. When I do
>
> python setup.py install --prefix=/usr --root=$dest
>
> setup runs for some time, and then I get the following message:
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy/distutils/misc_util.py",
> line 687, in _get_configuration_from_setup_py
>     ('.py', 'U', 1))
>   File "Lib/odr/setup.py", line 9, in <module>
>     from numpy.distutils.misc_util import get_path, Configuration, dot_join
> ImportError: cannot import name get_path
>

> Why am I getting this ImportError?

Because I screwed up just before the numpy 1.0.3 release and removed that
deprecated function without realizing that scipy 0.5.2 still used it.

> How to correct this?

This is fixed in the SVN scipy.

--
Robert Kern

  that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though
it had
  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco