[SciPy-user] Changes of coordinates

Anand Patil anand at soe.ucsc.edu
Thu Apr 26 15:35:42 EDT 2007

Robert Kern wrote:

> Uh, what *kind* of coordinate systems? If you need geographic coordinate
> systems, look at pyproj.

Sorry that was unclear, let me try again. I'm mostly interested in
spherical, polar, cylindrical and geographical. However, if there's a
more general package out there that can convert between other coordinate
systems for R^n or the surface of the sphere, or compute the shortest
distance between points in some other spaces, that would be great.

I'll check out pyproj, thanks for the tip.

Anand