[SciPy-user] Webpage

Peter Jensen p.jensen at virgin.net
Thu Sep 28 16:06:50 EDT 2006

Travis,

I was looking at you list of disadvantages of
PyLab, and the following point count my attention.

"This is due to not having two in-fix operators to
represent array multiplication and element-by-element
multiplication."

I assume that you have had discussion with
Guido van Rossum about introducing a new
operator for  element-by-element multiplication
( i.e .* ), and that that somehow would cause
problems with the parser. Is that correct ?.
I can't myself identify the problem.

Peter