[SciPy-user] installing numpy

Todd Keeler keelert at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 01:03:10 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm attempting to install numpy/scipy on my computer.   I've installed
lapack / atlas and have the following libs on my system:

atlas-lapack /usr/lib/libatlas.a
atlas-lapack /usr/lib/libcblas.a
atlas-lapack /usr/lib/libf77blas.a
atlas-lapack /usr/lib/liblapack.a

The site.cfg reads:

[atlas]
library_dirs = /usr/lib/
atlas_libs = lapack, blas

I'm having serious problems getting the numpy install to find the atlas and
blas libraries:

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Todd

heres the output of
$  python setup.py config_fc --fcompiler=gnu95 build

Running from numpy source directory.
F2PY Version 2_3198
blas_opt_info:
blas_mkl_info:
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_blas_info:
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE

/home/todd/pkg/python-numpy/src/numpy-1.0rc1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1296:
UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_info:
  libraries blas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries blas not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE

/home/todd/pkg/python-numpy/src/numpy-1.0rc1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1305:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or by setting
    the BLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
blas_src_info:
  NOT AVAILABLE

/home/todd/pkg/python-numpy/src/numpy-1.0rc1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1308:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) sources not found.
    Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas_src]) or by setting
    the BLAS_SRC environment variable./home/todd/pkg/python-numpy/src/numpy-
1.0rc1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1205: UserWarning:
    Atlas (http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [atlas]) or by setting
    the ATLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(AtlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
lapack_info:
  libraries lapack not found in /usr/local/lib
  FOUND:
    libraries = ['lapack']
    library_dirs = ['/usr/lib']
    language = f77

/home/todd/pkg/python-numpy/src/numpy-1.0rc1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1229:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) libraries not found.
    Directories to search for the libraries can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas]) or by setting
    the BLAS environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasNotFoundError.__doc__)
/home/todd/pkg/python-numpy/src/numpy-1.0rc1/numpy/distutils/system_info.py:1232:
UserWarning:
    Blas (http://www.netlib.org/blas/) sources not found.
    Directories to search for the sources can be specified in the
    numpy/distutils/site.cfg file (section [blas_src]) or by setting
    the BLAS_SRC environment variable.
  warnings.warn(BlasSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)
  NOT AVAILABLE

  warnings.warn(BlasSrcNotFoundError.__doc__)
  NOT AVAILABLE

lapack_opt_info:
lapack_mkl_info:
mkl_info:
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries mkl,vml,guide not found in /usr/lib
  NOT AVAILABLE

  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_threads_info:
Setting PTATLAS=ATLAS
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/lib
numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_threads_info
  NOT AVAILABLE

atlas_info:
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/local/lib
  libraries lapack,blas not found in /usr/lib
  libraries lapack_atlas not found in /usr/lib
numpy.distutils.system_info.atlas_info
  NOT AVAILABLE