[SciPy-user] [Numpy-discussion] Need more comments from scientific community on python-dev

Alan Isaac aisaac at american.edu
Tue Oct 31 11:14:00 EST 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Please, please.  If you want Python to grow support for
> the array interface (or something like it), then please
> speak up on python-dev.

The easiest access to this discussion for me was
http://news.gmane.org/group/gmane.comp.python.devel/
I cannot add to this discussion, but I REALLY hope others
will help Travis out here.  (A few have.)  He is fielding a lot
of questions, some of which look to me to be from
individuals who are ready to have fairly strong opinions
without really understanding the "why" of his proposals.

The good news is, there seems to be (on my naive reading)
some sympathy for what Travis is trying to do.  I think more
motivating examples would prove helpful in swinging things.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac