[SciPy-user] numpy - scipy version hell

Ivan Nazarenko ivan.nazarenko at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 17:12:59 EDT 2006

Travis Oliphant <oliphant <at> ee.byu.edu> writes:

> Very few packages will have the correct versions of numpy and scipy that
> work together.
>
> The latest that work together is Scipy 0.5.1 and NumPy 1.0rc2
>
> Look for an updated SciPy release to work with NumPy 1.0 when it comes
> out next week.
>
> -Travis

I had a similar problem, and OK, I will wait until next Scipy release. But it
is a bit odd that we can't download the 1.0rc2 version easily; sourceforge is
only hosting 1.0 (final), at least for linux.

I downloaded the most recent versions of numpy and scipy and can't make them
work. And can't even download a compatible numpy version!!! Go figure...

Ivan