[SciPy-user] ubuntu Edgy Eft and Scipy

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Tue Oct 17 00:00:21 EDT 2006

I think William Grant has ported very recent versions of
numpy/scipy/matplotlib to Edgy. Thanks William - this is great!

I'll probably keep my .deb repository up-to-date for Dapper but not
bother with Edgy (unless problems crop up with Ubuntu's mainline
repository). I probably won't be upgrading our work machines to Edgy
given that Dapper is working so well and is a stable target for the next
4.5 years. For a home machine, I'd be tempted to install Edgy,
especially given that xen appears to work without recompiling the
kernel: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenOnEdgy

Ciao,
Andrew