[SciPy-user] Missing library will not allow SciPy to load.

Louis Pecora pecora at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Oct 10 17:14:07 EDT 2006

When I do

from scipy import *

I get the following error:

ImportError: Failure linking new module:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/sparse/sparsetools.so:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libg2c.0.dylib
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/sparse/sparsetools.so
  Reason: image not found

It seems I'm missing  libg2c.0.dylib.  I just installed the SciPy
SuperPack.  I guess it wasn't in there or was supposed to be installed
from some other package.  Does anyone know about this?

--
Cheers,

Lou Pecora

Code 6362