[SciPy-user] matplotlib on osx

John Lichtenstein johnlichtenstein at mac.com
Mon Oct 2 01:03:34 EDT 2006

Has anyone gotten matplotlib running on OSX recently? I tried
upgrading to 10.4.8, and building Python 2.5, numpy, scipy, libpng,
and freetype from source. Everything went fine, even matplotlib
installed without an error. But when I import matplotlib I get

21:49:24: Debug: ../src/common/object.cpp(224): assert "sm_classTable-
 >Get(m_className) == NULL" failed: class already in RTTI table -
have you used IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS() twice (may be by linking some
object module(s) twice)?
../src/common/object.cpp(224): assert "sm_classTable->Get
(m_className) == NULL" failed: class already in RTTI table - have you
used IMPLEMENT_DYNAMIC_CLASS() twice (may be by linking some object
module(s) twice)?
Trace/BPT trap

What's the clean way to uninstall Python? I used to have a working
matplotlib using the pythonmac distribution. Maybe I can get back to
that.