[SciPy-user] Enthon, Scipy, Numpy, 64-bit windows binaries

Simon Hook simon.j.hook at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Mar 19 17:31:14 EST 2006

All,

A few weeks ago there was a thread about users waiting for a particular
release of Scipy/Numpy before trying their code with it. We are waiting
for a new release of Enthon including Scipy/Numpy before trying our
code. In addition we are planning on getting some new machines with
64-bit windows XP. My questions:

Any idea when the new version of Enthon will be out. The Enthon folks
said weeks rather than months about a month ago?
Will there be a 64-bit version of Enthon, Numpy, Scipy as a downloadable
binary for 64-bit XP?
I do not have any experience running 64-bit windows - are there any
issues running 32-bit programs on 64-bit windows systems?

Many thanks, especially to all the people putting Numpy/Scipy/Enthon
together.

Simon

p.s. I am happy to purchase a copy of the new Enthon and hope to provide
some examples to the Scipy Wiki when we get the new Scipy/Numpy/Enthon
going.