[SciPy-user] nd_image rename

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 17 00:57:20 EST 2006

Hi,
I just noticed that nd_image is going to be named scipy.image.
My concern is that that might remind to much of jpg,bmp,tiff,... image
files...
Also "image" sounds very 2d ! like 'picture' ;-)
I thought that Peter Verveer's nd_image name took nicely care of both of
these concerns...
(As a reminder: Peter's package contains lot's of generic ND filtering
and some nice segmentation and morphology routines:
Multi-dimensional image processing
[http://stsdas.stsci.edu/numarray/numarray-1.5.html/module-numarray.ndimage.html])

Did I miss the beginning of this thread ?

Just my 2 cents.

- Sebastian Haase