[SciPy-user] Triangulation of L-shaped domains

Nils Wagner nwagner at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Jun 30 09:52:40 EDT 2006

John Hunter wrote:

>     Nils> Hi all, I have installed delaunay from the sandbox.  How can
>     Nils> I triangulate L-shaped domains ?
>
>     Nils> My first try is somewhat unsatisfactory (delaunay.png) ?
>     Nils> How can I remove the unwanted triangles down to the right ?
>
> delaunay assumes a convex shape, which your domain is not.  I think
> you'll need a more sophisticated mesh algorithm.

A short note in the docstring would be very helpful.
**delaunay assumes a convex shape**

Nils

help (delaunay) results in

Help on package scipy.sandbox.delaunay in scipy.sandbox:

NAME
    scipy.sandbox.delaunay - Delaunay triangulation and interpolation tools.

FILE
    /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/sandbox/delaunay/__init__.py

DESCRIPTION