[SciPy-user] Anybody used weave.blitz to speed NumPy up?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 01:09:48 EDT 2006

On 6/28/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at ee.byu.edu> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've been playing around with weave and NumPy.  I have not been able to
> get weave.blitz to speed up any expression.  Has anybody had success at
> doing this with new NumPy.

Try the attached script, which JDH wrote for one of our workshops last
year, and which I cleaned up for current numpy/weave for the April
one.  Run it /twice/, since the first time the compilation overhead
will swamp the weave.blitz results.  I've attached the result on my
machine for the second run, which do show an improvement (and a
similar one to what I recall from last summer, when John and I ran
this using Numeric/Old Scipy).

Cheers,