[SciPy-user] can't import scipy.interpolate

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:51:24 EDT 2006

Gary wrote:

> OK, so I got rid of all my build directories, and my numpy and scipy
> directories, and tried to rebuild from svn (for no particular reason,
> but I've done it easily in the past).  Numpy went fine, but scipy did
> this:  (I don't want to waste people's time on this ... if it's
> something peculiar to me, and hard to track down, I'll just go back to
> the official released binary installer.)
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Gary\My
> Documents\python\scipy\svn_scipy>python setup.
> py config --compiler=mingw32 build --compiler=mingw32 bdist_wininst

The --compiler=mingw32 options go on build_clib and build_ext, not build. I
think it should work if it is just set on config, but I've always done the
following out of paranoia:

python build_src build_clib --compiler=mingw32 build_ext --compiler=mingw32

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco