[SciPy-user] numpy.test() segfaults with numpy 0.9.8

Travis Oliphant oliphant at ee.byu.edu
Mon Jun 5 13:02:51 EDT 2006

Sergey Dolgov wrote:

>Hi, I've just built numpy 0.9.8 on a Debian box (i386, unstable), and
>it fails to pass its tests (see below). BTW,  all tests ran fine with
>previous version 0.9.6 (but it seems like the failing one was
>introduced only in 0.9.8).

It's a problem with Python itself.  It is known about and has been fixed
in Python 2.5 and worked around in SVN version of NumPy.  Most code will
not excerise where the problem is (using the array scalar constructor
for complex types directly), so I wouldn't worry about it at this point.

Best,

-Travis