[SciPy-user] sets in python and/or numpy

David Grant davidgrant at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 18:38:06 EDT 2006

I find myself needing the set operations provided by python 2.4 such as
intersection, difference, or even just the advantages of the data strucure
itself, like that fact that I can try adding something to it and if it's
already there, it won't get added again. Will my decision to use of the
python 'set' datastructure come back to haunt me later by being too slow? Is
there anything equivalent in scipy or numpy that I can use? I find myself
going between numpy arrays and sets a lot because I sometimes need to treat
it like an array to use some of the array functions.

Sorry for cross-posting to scipy and numpy... is that a bad idea?

--
David Grant
http://www.davidgrant.ca