[SciPy-user] ANN: Python Enthought Edition Version 1.0.0.beta3 Released

John Kominek jkominek at cs.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 5 20:14:55 EDT 2006

Could you clarify something that newcomers to the world scientific
python (such as myself) stumble over. When you list Numeric in the list
of included packages, are you referring to the now-obsoleted Numerical
python 24.2 dating back to 2001, or the replacement NumPy that is at the
core of SciPy? Perhaps it is there for legacy reasons, but I thought the
idea is that NumPy is to replace Numeric, not co-exist with it.

Anyway, this release is great news. I look forward to trying it out.

john