[SciPy-user] Failed build w/ mingw

Travis Brady travis.brady at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 20:54:52 EST 2006

Thanks, Travis.
The build succeeds after commenting out the montecarlo bit, but I receive
the following when trying to run the tests.

>>> import scipy
import utils -> failed: No module named base
>>> scipy.test()
Overwriting lib=<module 'scipy.lib' from
'C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\scipy\li
b\__init__.pyc'> from C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\scipy\lib\__init__.pyc
(was
<module 'numpy.lib' from
'C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.pyc'>
 from C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\numpy\lib\__init__.pyc)
Fatal Python error: can't initialize module specfun (failed to import
scipy.base
)

way.

Anybody else had this happen?