[SciPy-user] NumPy On OpenBSD

mfmorss at aep.com mfmorss at aep.com
Wed Jan 11 13:37:02 EST 2006

I had this same symptom (many message that floating point flags aren't
supported on "this platform") installing scipy core (now numpy) from source
on AIX 5.2.  I perhaps am confused, but it's not obvious to me, from
reading the messages on this topic, in which file the suggested edit is to
be implemented.  Would someone please say?

Mark F. Morss
Principal Analyst, Market Risk
American Electric Power

             "LATORNELL, Doug"
             <Doug.LATORNELL at m
             dsinc.com>                                                 To
             Sent by:                  "SciPy Users List"
             scipy-user-bounce         <scipy-user at scipy.net>
             s at scipy.net                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/10/2006 08:57          Re: [SciPy-user] NumPy On OpenBSD
             PM

             Please respond to
             SciPy Users List
             <scipy-user at scipy
                   .net>

#elif defined(sun) || defined(__OpenBSD__)

is the ticket!  Using defined (OpenBSD) doesn't work

IsoInfoCompute:doug$ python
Python 2.4.1 (#1, Sep  3 2005, 13:08:59)
[GCC 3.3.5 (propolice)] on openbsd3
>>> import numpy
>>> numpy.test(10)
  Found 3 tests for numpy.distutils.misc_util
  Found 2 tests for numpy.core.umath
  Found 3 tests for numpy.dft.helper
  Found 8 tests for numpy.lib.arraysetops
  Found 42 tests for numpy.lib.type_check
  Found 9 tests for numpy.lib.twodim_base
  Found 11 tests for numpy.core.multiarray
  Found 4 tests for numpy.lib.getlimits
  Found 21 tests for numpy.core.ma
  Found 6 tests for numpy.core.defmatrix
  Found 33 tests for numpy.lib.function_base
  Found 6 tests for numpy.core.records
  Found 4 tests for numpy.lib.index_tricks
  Found 44 tests for numpy.lib.shape_base
  Found 0 tests for __main__
Ran 198 tests in 1.596s

OK
<unittest.TextTestRunner object at 0x7d9015ac>

Thanks for the help, Travis!

Doug

This email and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
confidential information and may be read or used only by the intended
recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient of the email or any of
its attachments, please be advised that you have received this email in
error and any use, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email or any attached files is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this email in error, please immediately purge it and all
attachments and notify the sender by reply email or contact the sender at
the number listed.