[SciPy-user] [Matplotlib-users] Postscript driver problem?

Vincent Favre-Nicolin vincefn at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 9 14:38:13 EST 2006

On Lundi 09 Janvier 2006 03:20, Philip Austin wrote:
> This behavior has to be idiosyncratic to my system (Fedora Core 3,
> HP LaserJet 4050N),
> but I'd appreciate any suggestions about how to debug it.
[...]
> On the off chance that anyone has a clue about what could be going on,
> I've put file1.ps, file1_ps2pdf.pdf and file1_roundtrip.ps in
> http://clouds.eos.ubc.ca/~phil/matplotlib_postscript

   I was going to blame hp, but my brother printer (HL5170DN) does not print
it either - all I get is a postscript error:
   ERROR NAME;
      invalidfont
COMMAND;
    stringwidth
OPERAND STACK
   --stringtype--

   The ps is probably sent to you printer, which is -apparently- not
configured to report postscript interpretation errors, so you don't see
anything.

   Sorry I can't be of more help, but at least it does not look like it's the
fault of your printer driver.

	Vincent
--
Vincent Favre-Nicolin