[SciPy-user] Renaming scipy_core: here we go again

Frank dalembertian at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 4 11:54:51 EST 2006

Hi All,

I followed Fernando's suggestion to google "scipy-dev renaming
scipy_core" to find out why there were separate names in the first
place. Although I am still not clear as to why there MUST be
different names, one thing I saw in following the "More Bugs Fixed"
thread was that it seems some folks were having issues with
subpackage placement. For example, where does "stats" belong.

I only mention this as a caution. Sometimes when folks create named
categories (e.g., num or sci) a subpackage will come along that code-
wise should be in one but English-description-wise should be in the
other. Thus lending to confusion.

Again, if there must be two packages, I vote for the more general and
nondescript "scicore."

Whatever the case, I offer a sincere "thank you" to all the
developers. SciPy is awesome.

Frank