[SciPy-user] Cluster of workstation

Brian Granger bgranger at scu.edu
Fri Feb 17 13:00:33 EST 2006

Tom,

I don't think that cow has been maintained in a while.  I tried to
get it running over a year ago and had no luck.  The closest thing to
cow right now are the parallel capabilities in IPython.  There are a
couple of presentations about this on the IPython homepage:

http://ipython.scipy.org/

The parallel parts of IPython (which we are calling the "IPython
Kernel") are still under heavy development.  But the current version
does work very well.  However, the kernel stuff is not packaged with
the standard IPython.  We have a separate development branch where
the parallel stuff is living.  You can check it out from our
subversion repository:

svn co http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/ipython/branches/chainsaw
ipython1

We are calling this ipython1, as the kernel will eventually become
the core of ipython for the version 1.0 release.  You can find
install details and documentation in the INSTALL and README files.

It does require Zope interface, Twisted and the current release of
IPython, but those details are given in the INSTALL file.

Sorry there is no web presence for this stuff yet.  We are completely
focused on development right now.

Cheers,

Brian